About IAC 2020
The 71st annual IAC will be hosted in Dubai in 2020, marking a key milestone in the MBRSC’s journey. The event is expected to gather more than 4000 leading figures in the international space sector, including scientists, space specialists and professionals from over 70 countries. It will be the largest scientific platform in the UAE, comprising plenary sessions, lectures and meetings, and will contribute to the advancement of the country’s space industry. The congress serves as a platform for exchanging experiences amongst the global space community and adopting innovative ideas that promote the global development of this sector. This is the first IAC to be held in the Arab region since its establishment in 1950. This high-profile event will contribute to growing interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) among young people and will serve as a source of inspiration and motivation for Emiratis who aspire to contribute to the development of the national space sector.
- Hosting the prestigious event reflects MBRSC’s commitment to the UAE’s knowledge-based economy
- Reflects the UAE’s achievements and its aim to strengthen its presence in the global space sector
- Supports the UAE’s commitment to making valuable contributions to humanity and science that improves people’s lives
- Provides new business opportunities and launches joint ventures
- Presents and supports projects, processes and services in the space sector, technology and innovation