MBRSC’s Space Ventures serves as a launchpad for promising startups in the space sector by partnering with them on long-term projects, and providing them with the regulatory know-how and technology to attain viability and sustainable growth for the future.
MBRSC offers a high-level work environment for partner companies and gives them access to the Centre’s expertise in space research and exploration, creating channels with space tech specialists and networks. The initiative also promotes non-exclusivity and encourages its partners to collaborate with other entities.
If your space venture has the potential to make it in this dynamic sector, we will offer you a launchpad to thrive in the UAE’s rapidly growing space economy.
Space Ventures Vision
- To create a thriving space technology ecosystem in the UAE
- To create an innovative and symbiotic Public-Private-Partnership model for the UAE’s space sector
- Enhance the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of MBRSC’s projects
- Create jobs in the UAE’s space sector for capability building
- Promote the UAE’s vision of transforming into a knowledge-based and digital economy
Who is it for?
From small companies with big ideas, to established entities with a desire to expand, Space Ventures is looking to build solid partnerships in the upstream and downstream areas of the space sector. We are looking for novel ideas and technologies.
- Data storage and processing
- Earth Observation Data and Value Add Products and Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Space Sustainability, including Food, Water and Energy Security
- Data fusion
- Automatic object detection using AI
- Space Craft Simulation Environments
- Satellite Manufacture and Launch
- Space Hardware and Software
- Advanced materials
- Satellite Payloads
- Robotics for Space .
- Energy Storage for Space
- Food, Water and Energy and Oxygen Security in Space
- Space Robotics
- Manufacturing in Space
The UAE offers a thriving space sector that has evolved rapidly over the years. Space is a key sector in the UAE’s Higher Policy for Science, Technology and Innovation. By setting ambitious goals, the country has achieved remarkable success in the past decade with the development and launch of multiple satellites and a crewed mission to the International Space Station. In 2020, the UAE is poised to launch its first interplanetary mission, the Emirates Mars Mission to provide the first ever wholistic study of the Martian atmosphere. The country has also set a long-term strategy to establish a human settlement on Mars by the year 2117. Thus, establishing the Mars2117 programme to support humanity in achieving this.
Guided by the vision of our wise leadership, we are constantly looking for new opportunities to explore celestial bodies, develop satellite technology and deploy the latest space technologies in terrestrial applications. So, whether you’re an entrepreneur (or aspiring to be one) with a dream to create a business in space technologies, a small business in the sector, or an established company looking to establish a subsidiary, the UAE is the perfect launch site for your long-term vision. MBRSC Space Ventures will give your business a soft landing into the UAE’s space ecosystem and help you accelerate your growth.